Wednesday, March 9, 2016

The Quiet Man Single Malt Irish Whiskey

In honor of the upcoming holiday I wanted to step outside my comfort zone and review an Irish whiskey! Bottled in Derry, Ireland and imported by Luxco, this single malt was released in February 2016, aged in oak for 8 years and finished in first fill bourbon barrels. 

Details:
-8 years old, single malt Irish whiskey
-80 proof 
-Finished in first fill bourbon barrels
-Price: $50

Nose: A sharp aroma full of floral notes and sparkling apple cider. A bouquet of liquid smoke follows to create a gentle balance. 

Taste: Applesauce, banana, and honey are easily identified on the palate. There is a nice balance of sweet and pepper spice, followed by wood chips and a thick liquid smoke. 

Finish: Mellow with a sweet, smooth finish. 

Conclusion: While light, there are a variety of flavors to enjoy. The sweet and spicy notes combine for a well balanced pour. I don't plan on reviewing other Irish whiskey in the future, but this almost makes me want to. 
I hope you enjoy the review, and have a happy St. Patrick’s Day!

My Rating:   (Good)

No comments:

Post a Comment