Sunday, September 22, 2013

Blanton's Single Barrel Bourbon

Hey guys! Just picked up one of Buffalo Traces best selling products and I'm happy to sit down and crack it open for a review today. Blanton’s Single Barrel bourbon is bottled at 93 proof, and  purchased for $49.

Color: Amber/Rose Gold

Nose: Dry vanilla, lots of rye spice, caramel, nutmeg. Seems hot given the proof. 

Taste: (Neat from a Glencarin Glass) I close my eyes and feel as though I’m walking through a corn field- cream of corn takes over my palate. Notes of nutmeg, cinnamon, rye, and oak follow. 

Finish: Medium finish. I’m left with notes of corn and nutmeg. Rye spice is dominate.

Conclusion: Blanton's has a great flavor profile. As with any single barrel,  the flavor profile will always vary slightly; there can be great bottles and there can be good bottles. If I had to describe one word for this bourbon, it would be Fun. It’s hard not to pick this up when the Kentucky Derby is on National Television. The bottle design is fantastic and who doesn't want to collect all of the bottle tops. Overall, its a nice seasonal sipper. The corn and nutmeg notes are tasty, however, for a $50 bottle, there are certainly better alternatives.

My Rating: B (Good)

No comments:

Post a Comment