Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Maker's Mark Cask Strength Bourbon

If I had a dollar for every time I said "this is good, however I'd love to see it at a higher proof", I would be a rich, rich man. Well, it's about time, and Master Distillers have listened to our requests, and are recently starting to respond with these awesome cask strength releases! 

Details:
111.6 proof 
Batch  15-02
Wheated mash bill

Nose: This is definitely an amped up Maker's Mark! Sweet wheat on the nose with heavy hints of creamy vanilla, caramel, butter, cinnamon, and nutmeg. 

Taste: Candied red hots with a slight yet sharp burn. The chewy mouthfeel is great, with wheat sweetness up front followed by bold notes of vanilla, butter and cinnamon sticks. There is plenty of sweet spice to keep things interesting on the mid palate.

Finish: Long and warming with a spicy, cask strength kick.

Conclusion: The first time I tried Maker's Mark Cask Strength bourbon was during my trip to KY for the bourbon trail. We visited Loretta and the beautiful MM Distillery back in October 2014. I remember it being just as sweet, spicy, and delicious. If you are a Maker's fan, this is a must buy bourbon! That being said, at a pricetag of $65, it's hard to keep choosing MMCS over the cheaper yet just as good (dare I say better) Weller Antique 107 proof. 

My Rating: B+ (Very Good)




Bourbon Brothers Video: 


No comments:

Post a Comment